Thursday, August 14, 2008
Hello to all
Hello to everyone -
We are new to this blog thing but thought it might be fun to start one as we are starting new adventures in our family.
This summer has been filled up and quite busy. We went out to New York for the Nationals Extrication Competition (pictures to be posted later - once I figure that feature out ;)) The TMFD team did very well in their limited pit and scored quite well. The unlimited pit was a stabilization struggle so they did not fare as well. Overall the trip was a lot of fun. Many fun times had by our team and getting to know the other teams competing as well. At the end of our trip to NY we ventured up to Niagra Falls. That was such a beautiful site. Lots of water, so much it was almost unbelieveable. It was a beautiful trip, the day started out a bit rainy but ended up sunny and beautiful. Our weekends have been filled w/ travels to Harrisville and getting things done around the house.
We are currently in the process of looking for a house to buy. We are thinking of staying here in the Madison area for a while, as it really isn't in the cards right now to build. We hope to build a bit of equity and then build our house up in Harrisville on the farm. Either that or win the lottery whichever seems to come first. I am guessing that the equity will be first. Who knows stranger things have happened
Chris is currently working 2 jobs. He is working at Truax Fire still, he has been there for the last 2 years, and he recently started working for a security company here in Madison part time third shift. I (Marit) am still working 3 jobs. I am still w/ Dean in reception back at OB/GYN at Fish Hatchery Clinic. I am also still bartending and cleaning houses, hoping to get out of both of those jobs soon and just reduce down to 2 jobs. I am going to be applying for different positions come fall (I know it's creaping right up on us). Looking for something w/ a more set schedule will make things a LOT easier on everyone.
Hopefully everyone is doing well. I am sure to hear from many of you soon. Have a good day!
Marit & Chris
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment